For the best result make video with moderate light. For outdoors the best time is at sunset in the shadow using green trees as background or within hour after sunset.⠀
- If you make video indoors don’t switch off the light. Or highlight person by lamp or flashlight🔦 Otherwise you won’t see person on video.⠀
- Use dark or black background.⠀If you use bright background you won’t see poi trails on video.
- Don’t forget to clean the lens or you ruin all your effort!!!
1. Camera settings
- Select manual mode М on your camera. If you use iPhone we recommend application ProCam (ProCam 5 by Samer Azzam), it costs around 6$. Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/procam-5/id730712409⠀
- Choose video with rendering speed 25-30 FPS (frames per second).
- Set shutter speed according to rendering speed. For 25 FPS set 1/25 sec, for 30 FPS set 1/30 sec.
- Set sensitivity ISO 100 or lower.⠀
2. Try to make video of person who spins poi
3. Adjust brightness for poi trails.
- Look at the trace after poi on video.⠀
- If trace looks too bright and colours become white then reduce ISO value.
- If it looks too dark then increase ISO.
4. Adjust brightness for person and background.
- After you have found optimal ISO value look at general brightness of person and background.
- If person looks too dark choose brighter place to shoot video (but don’t forget about background – for best result it should remain dark or black), or you can highlight person by lamp or flashlight.⠀
- If person looks too bright then choose darker place for video – find darker shadow or wait for sunset.
Try to make video according to this manual and tag #ighowtomakegoodvideo in facebook, instagram or another social for we could see your results and help you to improve it :)